My thoughts about the Lore

Tell us your stories about the world and the people of The Exiled
Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

My thoughts about the Lore

Postby Z4ipher » 31 Jul 2016, 11:08

I dont really like this magic or alien microbe explanation, so how about:

The player is an entity tied to a created body. (Can have multiple connections)
-> Explains while you can have multiple bodies and persist through the worlds

The body was created by a high developed civilisation with the ability for environment manipulation (known as "Magic").
->Exlains why magic can be used.

The bodies are created and have a player bound to them, to go outside of the walls of the advanced civilisation and send ressources (Valley Defense) back to the town.
This is a great honor to everyone who participates, but there are just a few allowed, so the fighting doesn`t hinder the misson. The fighting starts, because you want to archieve the highest Donations and thus respect from the advanced civilisations (it needs a name) and other players. You bind yourselfes to Clans, too bost your fighting strength and income of ressources and donation possibilities.

The revenants etc. are rebels, who didnt get a place in the official lottery (or some other way) between all citizens to go outside with a created body. They bought the body from the underground, a created body, not as refined as the true ones, because they were produced on mass and not designed for the player. They dont want you to gain respect and they don`t want you to be bad at the donations. They get angry at you, because you got the official place, but now aren`t trying to help the city and they didn`t get the place, although they wanted to put all the efford into it.

Outside the city walls is a giant sandstorm, but to gather ressources a spot is chosen and the weather changed by Machines or magic or a combination of both. Thats whaat the valley is. Every time, a new spot could be chosen and there can be multiple spots at the same time.

At the end of the server the sandstorm cant be hold back anymore. Everyone created body dies, unless you are the last one to stand, because they pick you up to have your body in the ceremony to honor you besides you. But picking them up is expensive, so they don`t do it for eveyone. But the Rebels dont want that aswell. Nobody other then them should be the ones standing in the ceremony, so they send theyr strongest figther.

How do you like it?

Z4
-----------------W-------O-------N----------------V--------A--------N--------G--------U--------A-------R-------D----------------

Z4ipher, past Member of Uncommon Valor / Defeater of "The Dictator"

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Re: My thoughts about the Lore

Postby Z4ipher » 31 Jul 2016, 21:49

After I have seen the "sandstorm". The world is radiated, under big clouds that cover the sun and has poisonous air and they cant hold that back anymore.
-----------------W-------O-------N----------------V--------A--------N--------G--------U--------A-------R-------D----------------

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 03 Aug 2016, 22:37

Interesting variant - revenants and jailors motivation not completely conclusive - no "exiled" - the reversal of the storm background is a nice idea

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Z4ipher » 04 Aug 2016, 09:54

Motivation of the Revenants and Jailors is basicially greed. They want the fame that the other gain by being part of the ressource-gathering. So they try to minimize how good the actual players are (and so the fame gain) by sabotaging the valley by entering and trying to kil the real players.

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 04 Aug 2016, 16:24

What do jailors and revenants gain for their investments? Or is it a part of a larger plot by the rebells sabotaging the current government?

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Z4ipher » 04 Aug 2016, 17:59

A larger plot could be the case, but at first I was just thinking that they might do it for damage minimization. In the competition between all players of the society the one with the highest fame wins, so they are trying to kill the characters participating to minimize their fame win. They just dont want to fall behind the ones that got selected.

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 05 Aug 2016, 20:10

Is fame a tangible ressource or just fame? How do the rebels gain fame so that it is necessary sabotaging the valley contests?

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Z4ipher » 06 Aug 2016, 01:15

I would say there is some social standing and money connected to fame ,thats why they want it. The rebels dont really gain fame, but they hope to minimize the fame gain of the participants by sabotage.

ManuKuma

Postby ManuKuma » 08 Aug 2016, 20:37

And what do the rebels gain by denying fame to contestants?

(I am sketching a story .... so I am interested in any thoughts on lore and plots...)

Z4ipher
Vanguard Supporter

Postby Z4ipher » 14 Aug 2016, 12:52

I would say, they maybe gain money, because they were highered by someone high in the fame ranking, who does not want competition. Or they are someone who doesnt want to loose a lead or doesnt want the leader to get more fame.

Return to “Game Lore”