Weekly Discussion Topic: What are your plans for the holiday period?

This is for general chat about things not related to The Exiled.
Emissary

Weekly Discussion Topic: What are your plans for the holiday period?

Postby Emissary » 08 Dec 2015, 17:47

Hello again my furry friends!

This week I decided to chat about something a little more off topic, hence the off topic thread! We often sit down and rub our chins wondering about what our community members are up to and when, so we can send out information or host events. Doing this recently got me interested in what you are all going to be up to over the new year's period. What do you celebrate, if anything? Where will you be?

I personally plan to have a (thankfully) small lunch and dinner at my parents' place on christmas day. They only live about 20 minutes from me, so good luck trying to get out of that one! It will be an awesome day though, we typically just hang out and have some drinks. Australia mostly isn't too heavily into the 'christmas' side of christmas, other than getting together and maybe listening to some painful carols. It is also likely going to be 30+ degrees, so there goes the whole snow topped rooftops imagery.

After that I will have round 2 with the friends that I live with, and then take some time to visit my friends interstate for a week or so. I used to live about a 1.5 hour plane trip South, and try to see people down that way whenever I can.

Would love to hear what you are all getting up to! I am also here to offer sympathy for anyone being roped into get togethers with in-laws :D

Valgard

Re: Weekly Discussion Topic: What are your plans for the holiday period?

Postby Valgard » 08 Dec 2015, 17:54

I'll most certainly spend christmas and new year in Ireland this time. I just got myself a new job there and a lot of friend are already living in the city and invited me over to celebrate. So this year is the first time in 7 (?) years I think, that I'm actually celebrating new year or christmas again. It's like a big present from me, for me.

That'll pretty much be a night at a friends house, drinking, talking, eating Pizza cake (YAY!) and having a good time. I'm definitely looking forward to that. =)

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 08 Dec 2015, 18:49

Classic family holidays in Germany. Very low-key. Lots of chill time. Hope to get some design and reading done. =D

Theomancer

Postby Theomancer » 09 Dec 2015, 03:11

Traveling from Connecticut to our home state Michigan, visiting family. Should be fun. ^_^ Will be sad not to have my desktop computer though, xD.

Valgard

Postby Valgard » 09 Dec 2015, 03:15

Theomancer wrote:Traveling from Connecticut to our home state Michigan, visiting family. Should be fun. ^_^ Will be sad not to have my desktop computer though, xD.

Take your desktop PC with you or get a Notebook! xD Gamers need to stay connected. :D

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 09 Dec 2015, 09:25

Valgard wrote:eating Pizza cake

What in the name of Odin is pizza cake?

Emissary

Postby Emissary » 09 Dec 2015, 09:26

Theomancer wrote:Will be sad not to have my desktop computer though, xD.

Honestly my biggest issue when away from home too, sitting there thinking about it at night, like normal probably do pets and family x)

hagish
Game Developer

Postby hagish » 09 Dec 2015, 11:15

Visiting my family. Food, no stress and perhaps a bit of local multilayer console gaming.

And yes what is a "Pizza cake"???

SirTrick
Vanguard Supporter

Postby SirTrick » 10 Dec 2015, 14:40

Yeah same as @dbltnk typical german christmas with my family. Ill miss my PC like the others here :C! But for that I'll travel to my friends in Potsdam. I meet these people in online games and already know them since 2009. It'll be fun like always and I still hope I can convince them to just play for one day Das Tal. Also I just read a moment ago the e-mail from David and I hope to see all of you on Sunday! ^^

dbltnk
Game Developer

Postby dbltnk » 10 Dec 2015, 16:02

Yay for sunday! =D

Return to “Off Topic & Other Games”