The update to the version 0.44 Alpha of the game will take place on Tuesday, November 15th.
There will be a wipe and a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.
These Patch Notes are available on the following languages:
To know the details of this update, please look at the list below:
Introducing Clusters and Seasons
Up until today all game worlds in The Exiled have been 100% independent of each other. That is no longer the case. We are now allowing for (highly restricted) migration between game worlds using the following rules:
- You now select a game world AFTER finishing the tutorial. The new world selection screen suggests you a world based on ping and server load but you can override this suggestion and pick your own world at any time to play with your friends.
- Characters can currently migrate to other game worlds once every 24 hours. This number is not yet set in stone and may change in the future.
- Characters are forced to pick a new game world if their old world ends. How do game worlds end? They end if the inhabitants of a world can not donate enough resources to the valley defense fund. Donation rounds are now daily and quite challenging. This will make sure that lower population game worlds eventually merge together to ensure that everyone has enough people to play with.
- When moving from one world to another your character, equipment, inventory and stash will come with you. You cannot take settlements with you. They're a bit too big for that.
- Clans are now transcending worlds. That means that your clan can now have members (characters) on as many game worlds as you like.
- All four leaderboards are now also transcending worlds. So you no longer just compete with your neighbours but with all The Exiled players.
- Three chat channels (Help, Global and Clan) are now working across all game worlds.
New Meteor and Carcass Events
Meteors and carcasses were added a long time ago in a first draft and to be honest - they were pretty boring. This has changed. The carcass now attracts waves of hungry predators and the meteor event spawns a large number of explosive critters. Both events now also scale in difficulty and rewards based on where they are spawned (easy in the desert, normal in the swamp, hard in the mountains) and based on how many players participate in the event.
New on-character UI
The UI elements on your character and all mobs have been changed to be easier to read and less cluttered. The health, energy and determination bar are now invisible when a character is at full health/energy respectively zero determination. Additionally, up to 8 effects affecting a character will now be displayed above its health bar. The C-to-A++ rank system has been replaced by a star system. A++ = 3 stars. B = no stars. C = NEWCOMER.
- Decreased Forceful Throw min and max damage by 50.
- Scythe: Sweep, Mental Sweep, Sacrificial Sweep and Ravage now hit up to 3 targets at a time.
- Removed the desert/swamp map unlock to give high ranked players a way out of the newbie zone early.
Visual and Audio
- Finished work on the new bow and staff visuals.
- Fixed a grass flickering bug affecting unlocks.
- Tweaked the VFX for Gravity Well and Hurricane.
- Added fitting graphics for the weapon and armor racks in the tutorial.
- The Magic Bolt VFX does now gets deleted in time.
- Tweaked ability icon colors to fit the new color palette.
- Added a new UI element for both small events (carcass, meteor).
- The "you will hit a target" preview mode (yellow) now does no longer override the "you cannot cast" preview.
- Buffs and debuff icons of the same type now get properly merged.
- Boss mobs now use proper (ranged) abilities and do not act like mindless zombies anymore.
- That sneaky invisible raptor is now visible again.
- Fixed a bug that would override your ability cast setting with the global defaults.
Thank you for supporting The Exiled, do not hesitate to share your feedback with us!
The Exiled Team